Your Ad Here

Double below-the-knee amputee helps catch beer thief!!

|

Cato Strickland Jr. uses a motorized chair because he is a double below-the-knee amputee.

But his disability didn't stop him from catchig a beer thief.

Strickland was at a Marion County Shell store when he first noticed a man coming into the store behind another customer.

"When I saw him coming up another aisle carrying the 18-pack of beer, he told me to be quiet but I wasn't," Strickland said. "He went out the door with the beer and I shouted to the clerk to call 911," reports the Gainesville Sun.

The thief bolted out of the store and over a fence.

But the fence surrounded a retention pond and didn't offer an escape route, so the man climbed back over the fence. That's when the clerk who called 911 handed the phone to Strickland and began to chase the man.

"I had my chair outside the store by then, so I kept him (suspected thief) in sight and told the dispatcher where he was going," Strickland said.

The thief, Willie James Griffith, 19, of Gainesville, was arrested and charged with larceny.


Don't Forget To Subscribe


0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2009 Newspitter | Template Blue by TNB