Your Ad Here

CONFIRMED: David Letterman Sexes Up His Whole Office!!!

|

David Letterman admitted on last night's show that he was the victim of an extortion plot. Robert "Joe" Halderman -- a "well respected" producer for 48 hours -- threatened to go public with evidence Dave had had an affair with "more than one" Late Show staffer, unless he was paid $2 million. Dave has been dating Regina Lasko since 1986; they married earlier this March. From Variety:

Letterman told his audience on Thursday that he contacted the Manhattan District Attorney's Special Prosecution Bureau. That led to a sting operation, in which Letterman met with the individual and handed the person a fake $2 million check. That person was arrested on Thursday.

"This morning, I did something I've never done in my life," Letterman said on Thursday's edition of CBS' "Late Show." "I had to go downtown and testify before a grand jury."

As part of the testimony, Letterman admitted that he had engaged in sexual relationships with staff members.

"My response to that is, yes I have. Would it be embarrassing if it were made public? Perhaps it would," Letterman said. "I feel like I need to protect these people -- I need to certainly protect my family."

According to a warrant obtained by Fox 5 New York, one of the women Dave allegedly had an affair was his former assistant Stephanie Birkitt.
And, the warrant says, Birkitt was the suspect's girlfriend and we've learned she was living with him until recently.

According to the warrant, the suspect, "48 Hours" producer Robert "Joe" Halderman, sent Letterman a package which allegedly included treatments for a screenplay with supporting materials.

The warrant goes on to say the "supporting materials" included copies of parts of a diary and correspondence belonging to Birkitt.

Don't Forget To Subscribe

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2009 Newspitter | Template Blue by TNB