Your Ad Here

Grandma-ster! 77-Year-Old Earns Black Belt in Jujitsu!!!

|

Just because you have white hair doesn't mean you can't earn a black belt.

Ask 77-year-old Ena Mallett, a British grandmother who became the first woman to get a 7th dan black belt in Spirit Combat International jujitsu.

Despite her age, Mallett says she's still kicking -- literally. 77-year-old Ena Mallett is the first woman ever to get a 7th dan black belt in Spirit Combat International

"I might be getting on a bit, but I still get stuck in myself during lessons," she told the press. "I can still deal with any big bloke who comes along."

The 5-foot-6-inch widowed mother of two started practicing martial arts in 1979 to stay in shape, and eventually became a jujitsu instructor in 1987. Today, she teaches classes in the town of South Walsham and works as a crossing guard.

So far, she's taken her moves out of the dojo only once when she spotted a 14-year-old boy shoplifting a packet of mints and put him in a wrist lock.

"It gave him the shock of his life, and he quickly dropped the mints," she said.

Though she's risen to a high rank in her martial art, Mallett says she's not hanging up her belt any time soon.

"I love teaching it, and I certainly have no plans to give it up. I don't see why I should put my feet up."

Don't Forget To Subscribe

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2009 Newspitter | Template Blue by TNB